AQUATECH Engineering Limited (Trinidad) in association with SEURECA Consulting Engineers (France) provides a full range of Leak Detection Service on underground networks (water supply, fire fighting, irrigation etc) using both traditional acoustic methods and modern gas based methods.
Acoustic methods rely on the location of leaks from the surface based on the noise emitted by the leak. These acoustic methods are usually implemented on metallic mains (iron, steel) when prevailing network pressures are high (above 3 bars) and when there are sufficient access points to the network.
Gas based methods are implemented when the above conditions are not met (low network pressures, few access points to the network, non metallic mains) or when leak noises are low (low energy leaks).
The main advantages of gas based methods using helium or hydrogen over traditional acoustic methods are:
1. The sensitivity of the gas based method (leaks of a few litres/hour equalivent to drip leakage can be located);
2. The fact that gas counts in the ground are proportional to the leakage volumes (allows to prioritize interventions);
3. Can be implemented on empty network (does not require the mains to be pressurized with water).
In 2009, AQUATECH Engineering Limited and SEURECA Consulting Engineers have successfully implemented for WASA leak location using modern gas based methods in residential developments in North, Central and South Trinidad.
In Bon Air Gardens for example (November 2009), more than 20 invisible leaks were located in less than 48 hours!
Tackling leakage head on using proven and affordable modern technologies brings about the following benefits:
1. Precise location of leak and success guaranteed!
2. Lower repair costs as a result of precise pinpointing of leaks!
3. Lower water bill especially in the local context of systematic water meter installations and rising water tariffs!
4. Avoid damage to property!
5. Environmental satisfaction of preserving a vital resources to the nation.
Contact AQUATECH Engineering Limited for more information.
Copyright © 2021 AQUATECH Engineering Limited - All Rights Reserved.
v.3.0.5 Powered by HNCLtt