Over the past 10 years, AQUATECH Engineering Limited has carried out more than 25 projects in the Caribbean Region. Of particular significance are the following seven projects:
1. As SAFEGE's main local sub-consultant, Sewerage Master Plan of the East-West Corridor and its Environs in Trinidad. In 2005, 350.000 inhabitants resided in the study area and population projections give 550.000 inhabitants at the 2035 design horizon. This study included the characterization of wastewater effluents from the largest industries located in the East-West Corridor;
2. Technical Assistance to the Operator of the largest privatization scheme in the world to date i.e. ONDEO de Puerto Rico vested with the responsibility of providing water supply and sewerage services to the entire island of Puerto Rico. Participation in the audit and diagnosis of the 3 year 450 million US dollar investment package in water and sewerage projects managed by AFI and PRASA;
3. Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Public Works, Transport and Communication (MTPTC) in Haiti for the reform of the water and sanitation sector in 2008. This included the setting of standards for design and construction of water works, the development of specifications for a national water and sanitation data base and provisions for the participation of the Private Sector in the delivery of water and sewerage services in Haiti;
4. As BRLi's main local sub-consultant, Detailed Design of the water network off the Matura and Salybia water treatment plants with a view to enhancing water supply services to the communities on the east coast of Trinidad in 2009. The system under design includes 5 water reservoirs, 2 pumping stations and approximately 100km of water network (300 mm < Ø < 800 mm),
5. In partnership with SEURECA Consulting Engineers (VEOLIA Water): Pilot Project for unaccounted for water reduction and domestic metering in Trinidad in 2009/2010. The objective was to demonstrate the effectiveness of water demand management in three Pilot Areas in Trinidad (2500 customers) by reducing leakage (WASA network) on one hand and water wastage (customer premises) on the other hand. Modern and proven technologies were applied (leakage reduction, domestic metering) and resulted in substantial reductions of wastage and leakage.
6. As a sub-consultant to SEURECA Consulting Engineers (VEOLIA Group France), technical support to MOWASCO and CSTB in Mombasa, Kenya. Development and implementation of a Bulk and Customer Metering Programme (60.000 customers) in 2010-2012. Development and implementation of a strategy for the reduction of Unaccounted For Water and the improvement of network yields.
7. As BRLi’s main sub-consultant, performance of diagnosis, feasibility studies and detailed designs of sewerage facilities in Trinidad (IADB funded project) in 2012-2013. The scope of the diagnosis phase encompasses the 100 private package plants and associated networks in Trinidad. The feasibility and detailed designs focuses on the 20 priority sites including 15 sewerage pump stations, 4 main WWTP and 30km of sewerage networks.
AQUATECH Engineering's objective is to establish itself as a specialized and high-tech Consultancy in the field of environmental engineering (water, sewerage and solid waste) in the Caribbean region. The Company adheres to the highest international standards and practices, quality control and promotes sustainable and environmentally friendly solutions in its designs.
Pursuant to the above, AQUATECH Engineering Limited is equipped with an area of sophisticated software packages for the modeling of water and sewerage systems as well as software tools for the generation of detailed designs (GIS, pipeline layouts and profiles, pipeline details). It has also acquired and utilizes measurement equipment for water systems (electromagnetic and ultrasonic flow meters, pressure gauges with data loggers) and sewerage systems (automatic samplers, Doppler type flow meters, precision rain gauges). It has also acquired a range of equipment for leak location (leak noise acoustic correlator, acoustic leak locator, pipe locator, box finder).
Copyright © 2021 AQUATECH Engineering Limited - All Rights Reserved.
v.3.0.5 Powered by HNCLtt